The Roberts Family

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hello Everyone,
Mom and Dad had a wonderful birthday celebration in Maui with Uncle Duane & Kelly. Unfortunately, while over there Mom came down with the cold virus that seems to be hitting everyone! Cough, fever congestion etc. However, if you're going to be sick somewhere, I guess Maui is the place. Overall they had a good time, and enjoyed a much needed break, and Mom has now recovered from the viral illness. Mom is still on a chemo(gemzar) regime of every other week, and seems to be doing pretty well with it. Just yesterday her and dad were out and about running errands for most of the day. Dad performs her paracentesis every other day which seems to keep her comfortable. Her next visit with the Dr. will not be until the last Thursday of March, so if there are changes made at that time I'll update. Although, none of us should relax and mistakenly feel we can let our guard down with this enemy we still fight, I am so grateful ( and hopeful ) that we have had 10 months now since diagnosis, when the doctors told us 2-4. Please continue to join me and the rest of the family, to pray we have many many more days with Mom. I would love to prove those Doctors wrong!!
Bye for now, Michelle

1 Comments:

  • Hi Michelle

    My name is Michelle also, and my husband is Dirk Bailey. I am struggling with blogging as I have never done this before. I am glad your mom had such a wonderful vacation. It's great to be able to connect with others dealing with the same illness.

    Michelle Bailey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home